Sunday, September 4, 2011

Tip # 8

Tip # 8:

Though sites like Iheartpublix.com and couponmom.com try really hard to make sure they cover every possible deal and list every available coupon they are not perfect. I think it would be near impossible to list every deal and every available coupon that is out there every week every month and year to year.

The point I am trying to make is that if you want to make sure you do not miss any deals:
1. Save every coupon you come across
2. Personally cross reference your store sales against online coupon databases and also against your binder in order to come up with your own "match-ups".

Using Coupon Match-ups from online sites makes our job so easy and is a life saver for many. However, if you have the time you should do it yourself and compare with theirs. Sometimes they miss things especially if you have coupons in your binder that they are not aware of!

One such instance happened to me this week. Iheartpublix.com posted their "match-ups" last week and I copied down the ones that I wanted as usual. When doing my own "match-ups" though, I found a deal that was not mentioned on that website. Publix was having a BOGO sale on Cheerios. I had some manufacturer coupons and store coupons for the cereal. Iheartpublix.com listed the manufacturer coupons but not the store coupons. The store coupons were $2/1 and enabled me to get the boxes of cereal for free. Actually the store paid me $0.11 per box to take them home!

If you have the time, do your own match-ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment